Below is a list of some tools your Loss Prevention Department can uses to catch dishonest employees:
- Digital Video Recorder - Camera System (both regular and hidden cameras).
- Surveillance (watching employees and stores).
- Secret Shoppers (professionals sent to a store to see if specific acts our occurring).
- Undercover employees (placed in a store to observe and report employee actions).
- Exception Reports (reports on all POS/register activity used to trend and show fictitious transactions).
- Reward Program – Cash given to employees who report internal theft.
- Integrity checks – undercover investigators used to offer money for stolen merchandise or assistance in stealing merchandise.
- Sales Audit – (trained corporate auditors that look at store paperwork and receipts for fraud and theft).